Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bathrooms of the World (#341)

So I’m reading on the pool deck at Cabrillo during Haley’s swim lesson, thoroughly engrossed, then all of the sudden I hear her yelling across the pool deck, “DADDY, I GOTTA GO PEEEEEEEE!!!”

I’m like, Christ, just go in the dang pool, your dad’s peed in this pool literally thousands of times. So I go and take her into the bathroom, with goggles still on, and try to explain to her softly that she should just go in the pool and not even tell anyone. And she says “But dad the teacher says I can’t”, “That’s why you don’t tell anyone Haley, geez, and keep it down already”. “But daaaaaad, I’m not supposed to…” “OK, I understand that, but a little pee ain’t hurtin no one, and you just keep it to yourself.”

Then she got all mad that it was the boys bathroom and I had to insist that I wasn’t allowed in the girls bathroom, etc. So she finished up, and I told her once again not to tell anyone about it, just go…so she runs back into the water and bellows, “My dad said I should just go in the pool next time.”

(head slap)

1 comment:

mrs. smith said...

ha! im hooked. and im with tony. blog more, fir sure.